Sunday, August 02, 2009

Lost and Found

I found some more remnants of the past today as I cleared out one of my old jewellery boxes.

Much to my amusement, I unearthed two friendship necklaces that were obviously presents from have-been friends. Proudly engraved onto their surfaces are the words "FRIENDS FOREVER" and partially, the words "BEST FRIENDS", (the idea being of course, that when the matching pieces are placed together, they would form a circle with the two words spelled out, a symbolic reminder that friendships are a bond between two people).

Both pendants are physical reminders of past promises to remain the best of friends for all of eternity, or at least, until the tarnish renders the engravings illegible.

It's a testament to just how ineffective these friendship necklaces are that I don't even remember when or who I received them from.

Erm...whoever you two are, no hard feelings, right?


Luckily enough, I can easily figure out who gave me this :p

Seriously though Bon, I thought it was really sweet that you got me this for my birthday a few years back. Do you still have your 'Lil sis' necklace?


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

...somewhere in my stacks of jewellery....

jcbng said...

somewhere she says....
i wouldn't take that for an answer ky!

just kidding lol

Chris said...

lol nice finding there ky!

Another lost and found that might be buried deeper would be those "memory books" that almost EVERY girl kept a copy of during primary school.

Did you use to have one?

Kylie said...

Memory books? What memory books?

Bonnie said...

yeah i used to have one

we called it a 'profile book'