Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Earth Hour's Arch Nemesis: Christmas Lights Displays!

(Hmm or is that supposed to be "Christmas Light Displays"? Gargh! So confused!)

An old family Christmas tradition that we used to have as kids was to bundle up into Dad's car at night after Mum and Dad closed up at the restaurant and take about a half hour to an hour's drive to some of the ritzier suburbs in town to marvel at their Christmas lights.

As a kid, I harboured a secret longing for Dad to put up Christmas lights on our own house but since our house is situated down a very long driveway (and thus is pretty secluded and hidden from the public), it would be pretty pointless to bother with Christmas decorations.

*sigh*...As a kid, I always wanted one of these plonked on top of my roof or set up in my front yard.
Now though? Are you kidding me?! What with rising electricity fees and all?
No way!



Nowadays, Christmas lights seem to be EVERYWHERE and since we're all grown up now with licenses and cars of our own, this family tradition has gradually faded away.

It's a bit of a shame but I guess now that we're older and are eventually going to start our own families, it stands to reason that these old traditions would start to disappear.

Oh well, at least I can appreciate THESE displays without leaving the comfort of my own home :D

They're even synchronised with music and everything! How cool is that?!
Imagine the effort that would've gone into these displays!












Oh yeh, before I forget: MERRY CHRISTMAS!



No comments: