"Kylie Busy" as my little Nicky likes to call me, is no more! She is now "Kylie Idle" for at least the next two weeks. I still have a piano and musicianship lesson tomorrow morning before my last Chinese Tafe lesson for the year at six but after that, I am officially FREE!
In other news, I can't wait for next Monday to raise it's wonderful sunflower head because I'll be off to China! Dad already left today to spend the next week playing a couple of 'intense' soccer games in Hong Kong and Macau. Mum and I will spend a day in Hong Kong before setting off to Macau for a land meet and a hop across the China border into Guangzhou province. Then after a day? Two? Of sightseeing and shopping, we'll make our way to the Yunan province, which loosely translates to 'Beyond the Clouds'. It apparently has some breathtaking scenery and is relatively unpolluted compared with Beijing (but then, which city isn't?) so hopefully I'll be able to snap up a shot or maybe six.
It's a little odd since I'll get a taste of what it's like to be an only child for a fortnight since Bon and Chris can't/don't want to come along. Is the grass indeed greener on the other side? We shall know soon enough.
[Edit: I tried to find a suitable picture for today's post and typed in 'freedom' in Google's image search. Surprise, surprise, many Statues of Liberty and American flags and eagles popped up in the results. I haven't been bombarded with so much American propaganda in a while. I think I'll counteract by flooding myself with some Asian pop culture. Night all!]
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What's up with China? All my friends are leaving me for China. Have fun :)
china's taking over the world donna ;);)
Post a Comment