So being pragmatic to the bone, I've been putting my time to good use with some more job searching over the past couple of minutes until I came across an interesting ad that left me pitying whoever ends up working for this place and feeling like I needed to go have a cry. It's not so much the job conditions but rather the way that it's worded that made me feel as if the higher ups in this company are terribly terribly vicious!
I'll let you all judge for yourselves. I thought the "tennis game" bit was hitting a little too close to home though, am I just a little too paranoid about applying for a job I'll later sorely regret?
(Actual ad can be found here)
Retail Sales Positions
A specialty gift store is seeking casual & permanent part-time sales staff for their stores at the Queen Victoria Building & the Sydney Domestic Terminal.
Retail experience is preferred, and a strong command of the English language is essential.We offer above award wages, a pleasant environment and an opportunity for ongoing hours after Christmas for the right candidate(s).
You will need to be prepared to be flexible over 7 days and extended hours before Christmas (i.e.: If you wont consider rescheduling your tennis game to work a shift, don't respond). You also need to have a positive attitude (Cliché noted, but positive attitude still required).Good verbal communication skills are also essential for these positions, if you are interested call Ruth on 0292833799 between 10am and 6pm. Emails applications will not be answered.
No comments:
Post a Comment