Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Dear Prime Minister Morris Iemmner..."

The next state election is this Saturday and I find myself finally able to legally have a say in how this state is run! I'm all fired up and ready to take advantage of our so-called egalitarian society only to find to my dismay that I really don't have much of a choice. It's funny how in Australia you try your best to vote to keep the worst party out rather than vote the best party in. It's really more of a choice between a rock and a hard place.

No one even seems to know anything about that Debnam guy besides the fact that he's Liberal and looks a bit like a weasel compared to Morris Iemma's big and friendly teddy bear look.

Teddy bear vs Weasel?

Iemma and should probably look into implementing a better Civics and Citizenship program for primary kids though. The title for today's post is courtesy of my year 6 kid who, although a little dopey at times, should seriously know better than that!

Me: "R", you do realise you've written 'Dear Prime Minister Morris Iemmner' here, right?
R: Yeh, what's wrong?
Me: Well, firstly you've spelt his name wrong even though I've written it for you in the question. All you had to do was copy it out correctly.
R: Oh...whoops!
Me: Yes, 'whoops' indeed and "R"?
R: Yeh?
Me: He's also not our prime minister.
R: Really?! Then...who is?

Also on the subject of voting, I received this odd pamphlet in the mail today.

I can't believe this party has actually been around for over 10 years. This is definitely the first I've heard of them. I mean, if these guys think Australia is overcrowded, they should take a holiday overseas and see what it's like elsewhere! And to say that voters only have a choice between drinking recycled sewerage water or banning any further immigrants from landing in Australia is just...silly and unfair too, but mostly just...silly.

And there's probably also one little fact that the AAFI seems to have conveniently forgotten:


(Please excuse the language above)

5 comments:

Leana said...

lol

is it wrong i don't consider myself to have much to do with immigrants?yes my parents are, but i consider myself aussie

p.s thinking of correct political terminology shits me

when we describe somebody as white, we often say thet're aussie as opposed to somebody like me as chinese..
and asian seems to mean chinese or vietnamese for most people ..

still don't know who to vote for =/

Anonymous said...

Morris Iemma - teddy bear?! ugh. Though, I bet he's smiling at being mistaken for 'Prime Minister'.

Leana, vote for the candidate whose name you know! My rule is ... if you don't know their name, you can't vote for them!

Anonymous said...

Oh, but I DO know about Mr Debnam.

He ran a stock and station agency which went into liquidation.
He managed a gym which he later removed from his CV.
He was in charge of a prawn hatchery, which went out of business.

Didn't you see the ads on tv? :P

kkfc01 said...

think of it this way...

u are voting the "lesser evil" party in, and keeping the "more evil" parties out

Bonnie said...

GAWD DANG IT


UPDATE ALREADY KY!!!!!



-bon