Anyway, watching all those musicals back then really got me into those Hollywood film musicals (think: "The King and I" and "The Sound of Music"). Since high school and uni, I haven't really gone musicalling all that much, probably due to the fact that I can't seem to muster enough energy to organise a group event to one of these and my telepathic powers are too shoddy to will one of my other friends to organise and invite me to one of these events.
I was just leaving Aunty Angela's place today after dinner when an ad came on tv for "Billy Elliot: The Musical" as luck would have it, Aunty Angela also wanted to go and to take Alison along as well since the sweetie loves ballet (although with the language that's likely to show up during the musical, I'm not really sure if that's such a good idea...but I'm not her mum so ah well). I loved the movie, especially with Julie Walters as the grumpy but lovable ballet teacher and I've been meaning to book tickets to this event ever since I first saw the posters outside the Capitol Theatre months ago. So noting all the signs from above, I went straight home and let my fingers do the walking and now we're off to see "Billy Elliot" in Feburary! :D!
Hmm speaking of musicals, I still want to see "Miss Saigon" and "Phantom of the Opera". Anyone else interested?
3 comments:
i'm glad that u said "The King and I" but not "Anna and the King"!!!
Miss Saigon you say? I seen.
Phantom of the Opera? I booked.
Billy Elliot? I no seen yet.
how about the rocky horror picture show? ill go to that :p
Kev: of course I meant "The King and I", "Anna and the King" is NOT a musical.
Rena:Hmm when does it start?
Post a Comment