It's probably very wrong of me to feel somewhat bitter and abandoned, but I can't help but feel a little emo at the moment. I've always been on holidays either with Mum or Bon and this will be the first time that Chris and I have been left to our own devices. Certain circumstances have also come into play to make this situation all the more challenging such as the fact that I'm now out on prac at a very difficult school which leaves me feeling very emotionally and physically drained each day.
In a way I suppose it is quite a good experience for me since I have to learn not to rely on Bon, for her sympathetic ear and her verbal "slaps on the back" whenever I'm feeling particularly down or nervous, and Mum, for all her caring gestures and pearls of wisdom. After all, these next two weeks practically emulate me living by myself (Chris and Helen tend to do their own thang), minus the free meals from all my aunts and uncles.
If I survive physically and mentally intact, I'll be all the more prepared for Korea and Japan and any other situations in the future where I might be living away from home. The operative word here however, is "if".
On another note, George left for Lebanon this week. Hope you're enjoying yourself there George! Lots of HUGS from Australia! :p
No comments:
Post a Comment