Thursday, July 31, 2008

Phantom of the Opera

Last Thursday, Katrina and I braved the awful cold and wet weather to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Lyric Theatre at Star City. I've never seen the stage show before so I was surprised (to put it mildly) and absolutely blown away (to put it more accurately) by the stellar performances and the incredible atmosphere created throughout the show.

I've always wanted to see Anthony Warlow on stage after hearing all the hype about him all these years and he sure deserves every bit of praise people give him. (After some quick Wikipedia'ing, it seems that I actually have seen Anthony Warlow on stage before, as Archibald Craven in "The Secret Garden" production waay back in 1995 when I saw the musical with my school...ahh sweet memories...).

We had really good centre seats (thanks Ken!) which made the experience all the more enjoyable because I didn't go home with excessive neck strain. Thanks to my ex-Eminence friends, especially Ken, for organising and getting me such a delicious birthday present. It really made my day!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to know you enjoyed it. I can't take the credit for organising it really. It was a group effort in the end.

I am puzzled why this is tagged Eminence? =/ =/ =/

kkfc01 said...

So is the phantom is still inside your mind??? the voice which calls to you?

Kylie said...

Ken: umm because I still consider you guys as my 'eminence friends'.

Kev: Indeed he is. He'll randomly sneak up on me and start singing bits and pieces from 'Phantom of the Opera' and 'Point of No Return' in my head.