Last Friday, whilst Kat, Bon and I were pretending that we were actually making an honest attempt at our respective uni workloads, we decided to once again resume our ongoing search around the house for Bon's missing birthday DVD's from last year (Ever After, Chocolat and The American President) which had gone missing a while back. Well, I did the searching and Kat and Bon pointedly ignored most of my efforts to distract them from their studies.Anyway, I digress.
I managed to find the three DVD's again with Kat's help and unearthing "The American President" sparked a very drawn out conversation about people making assumptions about others, such as the fact that Bon loves the movie to bits, yet people are always shocked when they hear this as they think of her as the squealing teenage fan girl who only watches a movie for the music/cute actors (...ok, so maybe there is a smidgeon of truth in that sometimes, but there is a much more serious side to Bon). According to Bon and Kat, I'm the uptight, serious, play-by-the-book one who can't take a joke and is only interested in things that are targeted to the middle-aged and above category. Yech.Well, here's an attempt at compiling a quick list of 10 trivial things people might not know about me:
1) I hate eating lukewarm food - I drive my family nuts at home because I survey the food before we start eating and shove anything that's not "Kylie hot" into the microwave and nuke container after container of food until I start to see mutations forming on my broccoli beneath the 'microwave-safe' lids from too much radiation exposure (the scientific logic behind this comment is in all likelihood, completely wrong but since my scientific knowledge starts and stops at: "a microwave uses electricity to heat up your food" you budding scientists will just have to let this one go). If the container doesn't feel hot in my hands and I can't see steam billowing off the food, then it's not hot enough for me.
2) I'm not a big fan of bruised grapes, either.

3) I turn red after 1 or 2 drinks. It makes me look like a relatively tall and female Bashful.
4) I used to have even more moles - I've already had the ones on my face removed with laser surgery when I was a kid. The people who lasered me charged my mum $10 a mole but gave up counting after ten and decided to just do my whole face for $100 (damn Chinese beautician parlour didn't numb my face with anything! I had several women holding me down whilst one of them pointed a laser gun at my face and burnt the moles off. Might not have been so bad if they actually told me BEFOREHAND that it would hurt!). The ones that are there now on my face are the ones that have grown back.
4) I get cold easily. This contributes to the next point.
5) I'm not a big fan of winter. The fact that I'm a winter baby is a lamentable reality.
6) I prefer to eat pizza with a knife and fork.
7) I don't make a habit of drinking coffee. I don't know whether it's the hot milk or the caffeine itself, but drinking hot coffee now makes me feel somewhat sick. Lately, I've been trialling Chai teas or just English teas as healthier alternatives. If I need a 'wake-up-damnit' pick-me-up, I usually get something cold, with plenty of sugar (mmm sugar highs...). This plan backfires in winter, supporting point no. 5 (see above).

8) I'm a wuss with a very narrow pain threshold. Actually, scratch that, what pain threshold?
9) I'm a terrible liar.
10) I have yet to see Bambi.
***
Well there you have it. I set out to procrastinate, and behold my success.
1 comment:
XDDD
i like Chocolat~johnny depp's cool~
good for your effort of procastination!~
Post a Comment