Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Technological blast from the past!

I was cleaning out my room a while back when I unearthed this ancient relic from a pile of random bits and bobs that I've accumulated over the years:


Yep, your eyes aren't deceiving you. That USB key really does read 128 MB.

This was what one of the original USB thumb drive/flash drive/memory key doovalarkey things looked like way back when they first introduced these handy little creations in 2000.



Here's the original 128MB model (approx $150~$200 back in 2000) next to a more recent 4GB model (approx $20 bought earlier this year). The newer model is slimmer, lighter, faster and has a retractable USB connector. It's also a pretty white as opposed to the dowdy grey that the 128MB came in.

Oh how the times have changed!

2 comments:

MissCC said...

haha i found my one a few days ago too !!i rmb it was so expensive back then !!and soo couldnt fit anything.. like a few songs? btw what brand was your 1TB hdd?

Kylie said...

Lols yeh I reckon! 128mb is nothing nowadays!

My external is a Western Digital one from Office Works, about $190? $199? something like that...