In more recent years, the peril of superheating water has also come to light. Without getting too sciency (because I don't know how), it's a process whereby water has been heated past it's boiling point without actually bubbling and boiling. When something is then added to superheated water, it explodes quite spectacularly.
Adam and Jamie testing and proving the "Exploding Water" theory.
So exploding distilled water but not tap water, eh? Does this apply to other hot beverages too? Because I must confess that I still reheat my tea in the microwave, even though I've known about the superheating effect for a while now but I'm always careful not to overnuke my tea just in case I cause it to explode. Not that I'd be game enough to find out but it is food for thought...hmmm....
After watching the video below though, I will probably never look at grapes in the same way again.
I mean, will you?
4 comments:
wow, i never knew grapes could create such amazing flames lol
Yeh I reckon!
I wonder why no one's ever warned us against microwaving grapes.
But then again, normal people wouldn't think of microwaving fruit, eh?
i'm resisting the erge to do this now
Tea will be fine, coz it's mixed with tea leaves and stuff, or basically, it's not pure water
don't the grape thing at home, coz it gives off a VERY BAD SMELL!!!!!!!
and for those who are interested, there are no theories as to why a grape would do that when exposed to microwave
Post a Comment