Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

So we're now done with the "noughties" and are embarking on the uh..."10's"?!?!

The year of 2010 (that's "twenty-ten", mind you and not "two thousand and ten") began rather quietly for me. In an effort to actually pull off a new year's resolution for a change, I've signed myself up for Lite 'n Easy meals and have sworn off alcohol for the purposes of weight loss, brain cell, liver and kidney retention and all round awesome skin.

So whilst my sister and Aunt J celebrated on NYE with a glass of lemon, lime and bitters, I celebrated with some soda water (no soft drinks or juice...too much sugar!) and still got to enjoy that festive fizz (...haha pun! Geddit? Geddit?...ok, I'll shut up now).

Yesterday was also relatively quiet. Bon and I had dinner with our grandparents and Aunt T's family to welcome in the new year before heading off to C's place for an Eminence get-together.

The picture below is courtesy of L's ability to create a new year's greeting out of just a pizza base and bottle of tomato sauce. Very resourceful of her!

...my sentiments, exactly....HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!


3 comments:

Candice said...

Happy new year ky!!! Haha gran told me you went to yum cha!! Tsktsk** although you didn't eat much! Good on you! ps I'm cutting down on my alki too..but but What about our sangria!nooooooo..
Anyhow hopefully I'll see you soon
xx

Unknown said...

*looks south and gives air-five to the fellow non-drinker*

Kylie said...

Candice: Lol, you and your Sangria! Haha, might make an exception for one night...I'll see.

The diet's actually not bad. I'm learning to space out my food more so that I'm not starving at any one point. I relaxed a bit when it comes to going out and I just try to be careful I don't much away at too many unhealthy foods.

Currently busy with work so no time for any going out yet. Maybe we can organise something for Anthony and Bon's return to Australia? Anyway, enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Dan: HURRAH for air-fives! How was Beijing? Missing your <10 kuai meals yet?