It all started when Mum gave me a tube of hand cream that she had bought in Hong Kong. Most people would have simply put the stuff aside and eagerly turned back around to see if they might score any more souvenirs.
Me, though?
I had to be dumb enough to put both gravity and my hand-eye coordination to the test (which, if this incident was to serve as any indication, are both kickass) by constantly tossing and catching the tube.
This went on for a good couple of minutes, much to my parents' annoyance, right up until the point when I caught the tube SHARP, POINTY SIDE DOWN and managed to cut myself!!!
I don't know whether I'm more shocked by the fact that my own sheer stupidity led to me being owned by a tube of hand cream, or that those corners can pierce skin and draw blood!!
I'm a little put out as well.
I mean, why couldn't I be owned by something more manly like toothpaste or tomato sauce?
Then I'd actually be able to show my cut off as a "battle scar" instead of *cough* um...more evidence that I should never be trusted with anything remotely resembling a red button (Red Button Syndrome: a term used to describe the condition whereby an idiot can't leave well enough alone. You know how in the movies they warn people to stay away from the button but one idiot can't help themselves and just has to push it? THAT, is Red Button Syndrome).
No comments:
Post a Comment