Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh now THAT was clever

You know, I don't think I'll ever be in danger of gaining a big head. I do too many idiotic things to warrant harbouring any thoughts that I might even be remotely related to Einstein.

Take the last 24 hours for example:


Clever Stunt #1
I spill water all over my headphones only narrowly missing my laptop in the process.

Clever Stunt #2
I go to the nearby shopping centre hoping to buy a cheap pair of headphones to use for the time being and end up paying 20RMB for a pair of cutesy headphones from a capsule machine because they looked cute, cheap and came from a capsule machine.

Clever Stunt #3
I open up the headphones after I return to the dorm. Following the instructions, I pull down simultaneously on the cords connected to each one of the headphones trying to unravel the thing as the cords are all wound up inside the plastic teddy bear case.

Clever Stunt #4
I feel a bit of resistance in the cord and think 'nah, that might just be my imagination' so I tug again...maybe just a bit harder than last time because yeh, it makes so much more sense to do that.

Clever Stunt #5
I manage to completely detach the headphones from the main cord. With my bare hands. Unknowingly. Accidentally. Stupidly.


Yeh, clever...so very clever...


I think this means that I really need to invest in a pair of better headphones...


Btw: If you haven't figured it out by now from the 'RMB' reference, I'm in Beijing again studying at BLCU. I'll be back in Sydney on Jan 20. Until then, be on the look out for sporadic posts!

No comments: