Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saiunkoku's opening in Canto?

Bon was randomly watching 放学ICU with Justin one day when she heard Linda Chung 锺嘉欣 singing Saiunkoku no Monogatari's (彩雲国の物語)opening Hajimari no Kaze (始まりの風邪) in Cantonese. I'm guessing the series has a pretty big appeal to the Hong Kong and China market since the fantasy world that the story takes place in is modelled on ancient China. Looks like things are looking up for Linda's singing career as well, if she's starting to do openings for TV series and all.



It's pretty hard to come by English subs for the second season of this series so I might just get the Cantonese dub whilst I'm in Hong Kong as much as I hate dubbed anime.

I was following the second season in Chinese subs last year (since I can basically understand about 75-80% of the Japanese and I figured my abysmal Chinese would probably help me the rest of the way) but the plot and the language they use started to get waay too complex for my Chinese/Japanese so I gave up on it. Hmm listening to the opening again makes me want to go back and finish the series off.

No comments: