Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quick Update

Recently there's been plenty of frenzied activity at home.

We've converted the smaller living room downstairs into a bedroom and Bon and I will be moving in together to make room for a relative's friend's relative from Hong Kong who will be staying with us for at least the rest of this year.

Since Bon's room is going to be the HK girl's room from now on, it stands to reason that only Bon should be moving downstairs. However, Mum thought this would be a great opportunity to free up my room as well so that we can host another exchange student again since everyone enjoyed having Mana around so much.

This essentially means that for the past week or so, I've been packing up more than a decade of my life and transporting it all downstairs. I never realised just how much random stuff I've accumulated over the years until I started going through it all. Heck, I even have birthday and Christmas cards that I've kept from primary school friends I don't even remember any more!

I'm a little bit nervous about moving in with Bon. We tend to get along alright but being in such close proximity to one another is going to cause a certain amount of friction in no time. Hopefully we'll learn to deal better with our differences. It worked out alright in Beijing and HK but then again, that was only for two months and towards the end we were really starting to wear each other down.

Anyway, I'll post some before and after shots later. I'm currently blogging on Chris' comp and can't seem to find the card reader. It's probably packed away somewhere or another in the mountain of cardboard boxes which are all waiting to be unpacked downstairs.

Sigh...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't stress too much Ky... Maybe the girl is just shy, or she's busy packing stuff and it slipped her mind. In any case, you'll be able to see her in person soon enough.

Kylie said...

Just found out off Mum that her younger brother was hospitalised for the past couple of days which would probably be the most likely reason why there's been no contact.

I suddenly feel really guilty for being so suspicious...