Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spotted: No Face in Shirakawa-go, Japan

Whilst Sarah and I were waiting for our fresh, steaming hot croquets in the snowy town of Shirakawa-go during our ELTF Japan trip, I spied this cute figurine.

Isn't he just adorable?

It was just so random seeing him sitting there outside on the ledge in front of the shop's window. It's these sorts of quaint little things that I love coming across whenever and wherever I travel.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Noooooooo way! its the stink spirit!!!

or something

that thing from spirited away that makes gooold!! GOOOLD!!!

thats so cool. i wish i had a shelf full of things like that haha

Kylie said...

The stink spirit looked like this http://www.onlineghibli.com/spirited_away/newimages/StinkSpirit.jpg like a giant mud ball.

No-face is the one that makes gold though but the gold turns to mud later on, doesn't it?

Hehe, yeh a shelf full of this sort of stuff would be awesome *sighs dreamily*