Friday, June 26, 2009

OOOoooOOOO! Transformers 2!!!

The trailer looks pretty flashy for the new Transformers 2 movie. Fingers crossed that the movie will live up to all the hype.



I still remember watching the original anime series way back in time. I think I was a little young to be sucked into the whole fandom but I do remember watching a couple of episodes of the series with my brother who was at just the right age to be completely pulled in by the extensive Transformers gardgetries, jargon and merchandise.

It's great to see all the old comics, manga, anime, video games and children's/YA novels being reinvented to cater for both the kids of today and those of yesteryear. Granted, it's been a bit of a hit (Transformers 1, Batman: The Dark Knight) and miss (Dragonball Evolution, DOA) with some of these films but in general, I'm enjoying the recent movie trend that has allowed me to see characters, whom I cherished as a child, actualised on the big screen.

***

The anime/cartoon series:




Transformers 1






Dragonball Evolution





Blood: The Last Vampire





The Last Airbender


The video games:




Tomb Raider





DOA: Dead or Alive





Street Fighter





Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li


The comics (graphic novels):




V for Vendetta





Spider-Man





Superman Returns





Batman: The Dark Knight





X-Men Origins


The books:




A Series of Unfortunate Events





The Golden Compass





The Lord of the Rings





Twilight



And of course...



Harry Potter!!!

No comments: