I made some black sesame pudding today from a slightly outdated packet of instant (just add milk!) pudding mix I bought from Tokyomart sometime last year...or the year before, maybe?
I was quite dubious about the taste and texture at first when I poured the mix into the saucepan but it actually turned out quite smooth and refreshing. Most of the grainy bits melted when heated up with the milk and there was just enough granules left over to lend a bit of authenticity to the whole black sesame experience.
You're actually meant to put them into proper moulds so that you can turn them upside down when set in the fridge, creating a dual layer effect with the darker sesame granules appearing at the top rather than the bottom. (It also cleverly hides the whole "Moon Crater-look" at the bottom once you upend the mould.)
Ah well, I couldn't be bothered fishing out my jelly moulds! Not that it affected the taste :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOL @ "Moon Crater-look"
I like that. Hahahhaaha!
that looks mega strange!
what's it supposed to be?
like i know you said it was black sesame and what not...dessert...thingo
it just looks really weird. I want to try.
Ahahaa yeh go give it a try. It tastes better than it looks lol
You should be able to get a packet of the stuff from an Asian grocery store.
I love black sesame stuff! Esp those instant black sesame "paste" soups!
Mmmmm I love those soups too!
The first time I ever sneaked downstairs for a midnight snack was to have black sesame paste soup with my aunt.
Ooo the memories!
Post a Comment