Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Question on engagement rings and relationships

So Bon and I had a little chat about relationships and marriage and this all important question came up. I'm curious what everyone else thinks about this:

Girls:
If you and your fiance broke up, would you keep the ring?

Guys:
If you and your fiancee broke up, would you demand that she return the ring?

REPLY NOW ...and uh...not win a prize...?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

i dont know what i'd do...

if we broke up on bad terms i'd probably sell the ring. hahaha! i wonder if that's illegal?

Unknown said...

Pawn it!

I'm pretty sure Judge Judy says that you have to give it back, since you're breaking the engagement "contract"

But you can keep birthday presents and stuff.

(If you got engaged on your birthday? I don't know...)

Kylie said...

Are you serious? We're legally required to give back the ring?

Hmm...well that's a little bit of a downer. Those birthday presents better be good!

Choosing your birthday to pop the question? That seems like pretty lousy timing to me. Almost as lousy as picking the anniversary of a relative/friend's death to propose. Almost.