The problem with the weather being so cold is that all I saw was store after store of coats, scarves, ugg boots and gloves. Nothing general clothing-wise really caught my eye so I just spent the afternoon flitting from store to store in hopes that I'd spot something and therefore wouldn't have to trek home empty handed.
I managed to buy a scarf for 25RMB (only to have the person next to me then subsequently succeed in haggling the price down to 20RMB - oh the frustration!), a headband/neck warmer thing for 25RMB and a belt for 35RMB.
So for 85RMB (equivalent of approx. $14AUD), I managed to get three wintry items that would have easily cost me way over $50AUD in Australia. I love the exchange rate now. It makes me all smiles when I shop over here.
I think I'm starting to get the hang of this bargaining thing, too. I might try out the markets at Xidan or Qianmen next. I think of it now as a war of attrition. All you have to do is set a price, dig your heels in and SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!
Not bad for an afternoon's work, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment