Really, they do. Fortunately there's something indefinably adorable about my kids that keeps me from hanging them upside down from my windowsill by their toenails despite some of the things they say. Some of them are listed below.
(Note: No names, I'm not that unethical)
Yr 2 boy on the realities of lightsabers
Ky: Well...it's not like they really kill anyone with them (lightsabers) in the movie, they weren't real after all
Boy: Of course they were real, they wouldn't have used toys, you know.
Ky: (whilst trying very hard to keep a straight face) Of course, my mistake.
The same boy on the extent of my knowledge
Boy: Do you know about Gate Guardian? (Apparently a Yugioh creation?)
Ky: Nup.
Boy: AWWWW! You don't know anything!
My year 4 girl on the professionalism of my job [Girl1]
Girl1: Mum told me when I grow up, I have to be just like you!
Ky: (Dazed expression with her head up in the clouds) Oh really? Why?
Girl1: Because then I can sit and not have to do anything and not have to drive anywhere and have people come to my house and give me lots of money!
Ky: (Now crashing down from olympian heights whilst smiling weakly) Well uh...every job does have their pros and cons but it's good to have a goal to work towards, I suppose.
[Curse those asian parents for corrupting their kids young! And I do have to work for my pay, damnit!]
Year 5 girl on my age [Girl2]:
Girl2: Kylie, when you were young...
Ky: -GER!
Girl2: Oh, uh, when you were young...
Ky: YOUNGER! I'm still young you know!
Girl2: No you're not, you're really old. You're (screws up her face) an adult!
Really, kids do say the darnest things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awww ... that little boy is so cute. I laughed SO much at the YuGiOh one!
Everyone knows the zenith of life is 12, past that it's all downhill :)
They're saying it on purpose to annoy you.
Don't let them fool you with their youth.
ky ky ky ky
ni hao ma?
yao yao yao ling ling ling si si shi wu liu qi ba jiu shi
Yeah baby!
Rena and Sophia!
what the hell.
kylie,
always get tickets first.
Huh? What the...?
Post a Comment