Monday, August 21, 2006

And then, she breaks...

This semester has been extremely hectic. I'm up till all hours of the night completing one assignment or starting the next, coming in at god-forsaken hours like 9 in the morning for group meetings (on my days off, too!) for the sake of those 4 precious marks (which better be over 50) which are the fruits of 3 months worth of pain, suffering and turmoil.

My body clock's so used to being wired for 6~7 wake ups that massive sleep-ins appear to be some fantastical monster I have briefly heard about in passing but have yet to see in its true form. Stress and exhaustion are starting to make me crack, ever so slowly. I'm starting to screw up, like saying a random word or two in Cantonese whilst speaking in Mandarin and vice-versa, completely ripping my perfectly happy-go-lucky persona in Chinese by snapping at someone for trivial reasons, having a panic attack during my oral presentation to the point that my hands shook badly enough for me to drop my notes and put me in tears, completely forgetting that I have several major essays due within the next few weeks...and the list goes on...

My workload is just crazy this semester; 2 education subjects and 4 group projects, plus the usual group presentations for both Japanese and Chinese. Gargh, I haven't had a decent Wednesday off all to myself in weeks! (Not that I usually get them completely off anyway, with coaching and all)

With AMus and 6th Grade Musicianship plus Chinese Tafe starting to get alot more serious, I'm hard pressed to find the energy to get all this stuff done properly. Plus I'm starting to realise just how much I usually cop from others and with my fatigue and stress levels sky-rocketing, it's only a matter of time before I let loose how I really feel about certain arrangements and certain acquaintances.

So I suppose you can call this a pre-emptive strike. Don't expect me to be free or in a relatively stable state of mind for the rest of this semester. Consider yourselves warned.

In other news, I'm almost positive I'm off to Hong Kong, Zhong Shan and Yunan at the end of this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There there Kylie... :( The good thing about uni semesters is that they're so short. Usyd's are shorter than most (but it also means everything is crammed in tight).

Don't know how much longer i can cope with Tafe... will probably drop out soon and try to do module CD next semester Addy-free.

Anonymous said...

Poor Ky - I feel your pain! One assignment at a time ... and before you know it it's gonna be all over :)