As you all may already know, Steve Irwin is dead, having been pierced by a stingray barb through the chest whilst filming in Queensland.
Although I wasn't all that much of a fan of his with the whole exporting of his exaggerated and misleading Aussie image, I do respect the fact that he is entitled to the same rights as everyone else in having his death treated seriously. In all honesty, I feel rather sorry about the whole affair and whenever someone chuckles and comments, "isn't it funny how the Crocodile Hunter was eventually killed by a stingray?" I feel myself involuntarily cringing and feeling guilty of behalf of other people's callous remarks. There are people out there genuinely mourning his loss, there's no need to treat his death as an amusing freak accident suitable for use only as dinner conversation material.
Just food for thought. Maybe it's also time to evaluate your opinion on vending machine deaths, eh?
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i was sick of all the channels covering it and thought naomi robson was really stupid in her khaki uniform on today tonight..
I just kept thinking about his young kids growing up without their dad.. until I saw andrew denton's enough rope interview with steve irwin and i realised how he was sincerly passionate about animals and an avid conservationalist... and he was so funny to watch =)
He didn't care what people thought of him, he just wanted people to care about animals and realise that crocs and snakes are actually pretty cool too
before the andrew denton interview, I didn't see him as the croc hunter or a zoo owner or a funny guy, I just saw him as a dad and a husband.
Post a Comment