Sunday, September 17, 2006

Stupidity strikes me down once again

Feeling groggy and being still enshrouded in a haze of sleepiness morning yesterday morning, I didn't even realise I wasn't beeing very careful whilst cleaning one of my ortho-k contact lenses until I suddenly had the feeling I was not continuously rubbing one piece but several. Upon blinking my eyes a few times whilst my as yet to be awakened mind processed this snippet of information, the reality finally sunk in that I had just rendered myself penniless (fingers crossed I can claim it back through MBF) and half-blind for the next 3 weeks (approx.).

As was warranted, certain expletives were then uttered before timidly breaking the news to Mum whilst she was still not awake enough to fully comprehend what I was saying. (The only strategically smart move I made all day.)

I wore my old left contact from 5 years ago but it's uncomfortable since it doesn't fit right and it's not doing it's job properly. My vision's alot blurrier today unless I cover my left eye. So if I seem to be squinting and winking at you for the next couple of weeks, at least you now know why. Maybe I should go around with an eye patch attached to my left eye, it'd make things so much clearer, whatdoya think me harties? Arrrrgg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to get out the trusty old eye-glasses?

Anonymous said...

omigosh...that's terrible! maybe oliver can somehow help speed up the process of your lenses arriving?