Monday, June 26, 2006

rediscovering her lost 'teenage-hood' which is (FYI) not really over yet!

I bought an ipod video last night! Whee!

It's black and probably rather shiny...underneath the protective plastic cover, that is.

I'm still perusing through the instruction booklet at the moment. As in Bon's words, I'm such a "noob". My first question upon opening it up was, "so...how do I turn this thing on?"

Who could've known listening and transferring songs could be so much fun! With 30gb worth of goodness to fill up...oh how wonderful life can be. (I never really got into the walkman/discman/MD player/mp3 player thing, this fascination with music is all very new and exciting to me)

I'm a little bit put out that I can't really watch anything with subtitles without going blind from squinting at the tiny text, but that's ok. It just means no Gundam or other complicated sci-fi Japanese series, I can cope. Besides, who REALLY needs to understand Ranma anyway? (It's all just slapstick.)

Thanks goes to Chris and Kam and, by extension, Willy W. for getting the ipod for me. Although, Kam, when Chris said "I can get you 400 right now", he meant that he had the money organised ready to go, and not that he needed the ipod straightaway!

Just a question to all those ipod savvy young'uns out there: I'm using the ml-ipod plug-in on winamp to load the songs onto my ipod because Chris and Bon have strictly instructed me not to use iTunes. The songs display and play perfectly on my ipod, but I still can't see them as individual files like you would if you load mp3 files onto a usb key. Isn't that the whole point of using ml-ipod? That you can view the files individually? Help! I need guidance!

Plus I loaded a video file using winamp and it plays, but there's no title displayed for the file on my ipod. What do I do?

5 comments:

Leana said...

i have a video ipod (since January. my uncle gave it to me for christmas) and i still don't know how to put videos onto it yet =p... something about converting things with a program but it takes ages?

two things about the video ipod

-eats up lots of battery, constantly recharging it which is a pain!

-keep the screen protector thing on cos i took mine of and now the screen is really scratched =(

but otherwise..join the club =)

Anonymous said...

kylie kylie...

what's the fun in watching stuff on a screen the size of a postage stamp?

now that you have an ipod, perhaps you would like music. If you want an invite to the best music torrent site in the world.. lemme know ;)

Only 1 more exam to go....

Oh, and Italy v Aus tonight. Email you then :P

Leana said...

can u let me in the know too?

oh ky-- did i remember correctly that u used Lush's Juniper shampoo bar? i want to go on wednesday to get it =) and do u think the shampoo tin thing is worth getting?

Anonymous said...

my iriver kinda died :'( i dropped it on some tiles. :'( im so sad. :'(

if anyone wants to go out to the city with me one night to watch the soccer on the big screen (say maybe if australia gets thru tonight? :P or for the ghana vs. brazil game? goooo ghana!!) let me know! theres a giant screen opposite central or if youre scared of hobos we can always to go a bar somewhere

Anonymous said...

ipod sucks.. and what you do is give me the ipod :)