Friday, November 14, 2008

Still one of the stumbling blind

Remember that horrible eye infection I had a few weeks ago? Well, a check-up at the optometrist's today confirmed that I still have a viral infection in both eyes and my corneas are slightly scratched.

This basically means that I'm still stumbling around half blind wearing dorky glasses I've had since year five that are actually a fair few degrees off what my prescription really should be.

I usually wear corrective hard contact lenses at night which shape my corneas whilst I sleep so that I have 20/20 vision during the day without having to wear any contacts or glasses (a treatment called orthokeratology).

They're great and all until you find yourself stuck with an annoying eye infection that just won't go away.

Contacts are off limits for me until I get rid of all the germs in my eyes and my glasses aren't up-to-date enough for me to drive without causing a major traffic accident. I never realised how much I took driving for granted until now.

So anyway, in short, my eyes are still reddish and sore and I'm still grumpy and blind.

Viral infection...so I have little critters crawling all over my eyeballs right now, huh.

...Ugh.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

lols, and i'm your assigned personal chauffeur aye sis? =p

Kylie said...

Of course! It's pay back time! :p