I love the smell of rain. I love the fresh cool scent which lingers in the air as it lightly pitters and patters its way down from the skies.
I love the sound of rain, when it marks the continual descent of its raindrops as they hit the ground, one at a time.
I love the way sound seems to echo and become distorted in the rain. The downpour seems to cut one off from the rest of the world.
If you were to close your eyes and listen, it would feel as if there was nothing else in the world but you and the rain.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess we have more in common... and being in the rain feels pretty cool too... just not when you're out trying to keep your hair up... or when your laundry's left outside... or when it's during recess/lunch and you not only lose your kids-free time but you also have to endure the smell of wet children... Hmm... ... ...
Haha, totally agree about the smell of wet children and wet weather duty.
Ugh, I hate patrolling classrooms on rainy days. It's like the extra water has switched the kids' crazy switches on. They're such terrors when rain or wind has been added to the day.
Rainy days are indeed cool but yeh...not when you've spent the morning washing and hanging up clothes to dry...
My dad is a weather optimist. If he's stuck with hanging up the washing for the day, he'll hang the clothes out regardless of whether the weather (haha, pun!) looks rainy or not.
The load of washing from this morning is being aired out in the garage right now. *sigh*
Post a Comment