Whilst searching up Beijing's emergency number(s) in preparation for my trip in December, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to look up Japan and Korea as well since I'd forgotten to make a note of them last year when I was travelling. (Thankfully, the need for those numbers never arose but still...you can never be too careful)
South Korea's emergency numbers are as follows:
- Police 112
- Fire & Emergency 119/129
- Report a spy 113
How tempting would it be to report your nasty neighbour, who never returned your Tupperware that they borrowed four years ago and continually makes snarky comments about the state of your lawn, as a "spy"?
I wonder how useful the number actually is. I mean, surely the operators would be fielding an enormous amount of pranks and generally bogus reports before they actually come across something worth spending a portion of Korean people's taxes on investigating.
Then again, a country with compulsory military service for males is probably a lot more serious about espionage and potential threats to national security than us Australians. Apparently we're notorious for our laid back, blase attitude towards everything except when it comes to sport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wonder what they would do to housewives, aka. THE BRAIN who collects and organises information from Big Brothering their repective areas.
Probably pay them for their surveillance information with regular discount coupons for the nearest department store.
Post a Comment