A trusty ally has finally fallen and I have since been engulfed by feelings of despair and helplessness as I learn to deal with life after their passing.
They have been with me through thick and thin and have supported me and helped me to stand on my own two feet.
They have been right there with me through so many experiences in my life.
They have witnessed my awkward years of teenage hood, my days at uni trekking from one end of the campus to the other and my various overseas adventures.
I'll be hard pressed to find another pair that will give me the same feelings of comfort, reliability and stability as these have.
Originally a gift from one of my friends, my red Nike Air shoes have served me well for close to a decade.
They were comfy, light-weight, reliable and most importantly, red. Just like how red cars give off the impression of being faster than other cars, my red shoes also misled all.
There was definitely no speediness happening with ME wearing these shoes, but at least they had character and let me pretend to be sportier than I actually am.
I'll need to go shopping for a new pair of comfy sport shoes now.
*sigh*
5 comments:
Its possible to maybe get the later model of your shoe. they don't generally change much in terms of comfort, probably just aesthetically.
thats what I do with my runners lol. always the same Asics, but newer model.
10 years. thats impressive.
10 years. Wow. That's quality shoes all right.
I've got my K.Swiss for about... 6 years now and it's starting to show signs of giving up. I think mum's plotting a way to get rid of them for me...
... ... ... Maybe we should dedicate more of our money to shoes.
ps. Good luck with the grieving process D:
Andy: Hmm...that's an idea since I don't particularly have the time or the energy to go shopping around and stuff.
For the time being though, I'm making do with a pair of good walking shoes.
Liam: Haha, will do. Still grieving atm. They were ridiculously red and didn't match with anything but I loved them all the same.
Lol, I've got this mental image of your mum trying to mastermind the ultimate demise of your shoes. Evil cackling and dark shadowing dungeons ideal for plotting Grand Master Plans come to mind.
Haha, yeh, you're right. There's no way to scrimp on quality. You do really get what you pay for.
*sigh* Which means I need more monies.
Hey, want to go shoe shopping sometime? I have no sneakers now, which really sucks because my feet are getting cold in these open-toed shoes.
Uni holidays in 2-ish weeks time!!
Lol, you'll have to wait quite a few weeks if you're waiting for me since I'm still on my internship for another 5 weeks.
Post a Comment