Monday, December 01, 2008

Let's test that Babel Fish out!

I've been working on a few posts at the moment which will sporadically appear on my blog whilst I'm away. This is a fail-safe in case I don't get a chance to post for the next two months.

Writing multiple posts has really drained all my creative juices for today so no insightful posting from me for tonight (uh...not that they're usually all that insightful anyway).

Instead I've added a twist. Here's today's post...in Japanese :p If you can understand Japanese, good on you! Please excuse the poor writing.

For everyone else: to read, follow the instructions listed below.

Task:

  1. Go to http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
  2. Copy the contents of today's post into the big text box.
  3. Select "Japanese to English" translation option
  4. Click 'Translate'
  5. Try to puzzle out the meaning of today's post.
  6. (Optional) Open up the comment box and let me know what you've figured out from the mangled English translation that Babel offered you.

面白いポストのやる気がないので、今日は日本語で書いてみようだけど、本当に読めるの読者が二~三人しかいないかもね。。。だから楽しい翻訳のゲームを考えてきたわ! ^_^

明日には「日本映画際」のボランティアをする。こんな事をするのは初めてだから、ちょっと心配している。もしミスをすれば、私はどうするの?ああ~あ、明日は本当に大丈夫かな?

とにかく、もうこんな時間になっちゃったので、そろそろ寝ないと。。。

では、皆さんのコメントをお楽しみにしているわ!おやすみ~


Apologies to anyone who can understand Japanese. I've probably butchered up the language pretty badly in this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

もうす中国にいくかッ。。。いいな。。。 バブルフィシが信用出来ないので、Kylieさんの日記がバブルフィシで翻訳した。面白かったと思ったんだけど、英語から日本語のほうがもっとおかしいかもね?

Kylie's post, in English (wtf moment insured):
Because there is no motivation of the funny post, but it will try writing today with Japanese you can read truly, whether the reader is only two ~ three people, don't you think?. . . Therefore the [wa] which thinks of the game of pleasant interpretation! ^_^ In tomorrow the “Japanese movie case” the volunteer is done. Therefore as for doing such a thing the first time, just a little it is worried. If it fails, I how do? Well the ~ [a], tomorrow truly all right kana? In any case, because already the [tsu] [chi] [ya] [tsu] it is in such a time, unless you sleep gradually. . . So, the [wa] which enjoys the comment of everyone! It is completed cripes, the ~

Kylie said...

Lol, 中国に行くのは勉強の為だよ。休みなんかじゃないわよ。

私も賛成、バブルフィシが信用できないけど面白い翻訳ができたね。。。「cripes」ってどういう意味?いったい何なの?英語?!まさか!