Sunday, November 20, 2005

bah! humbug!

Just when I thought I could cram in some last minute practice (practice pedals are such a blessing) for tomorrow's lesson, a Christmas beetle had to appear. On my piano. On the KEYS of my piano. Whilst I was hard at work TRYING to practice!

No amount of blowing, keypressing or poking with a pencil could get the damn thing off the keyboard. (I wasn't about to spray it or squash it and get its innards all over the keys!) And to make matters worse, whilst I was freaking out, I think it somehow managed to get INSIDE THE PIANO!!! GARHGHGHG!!! I'll never be able to practice without my entomophobia working overtime on me!

Does it even realise how hard it is to get in the mood for manic practicing!??! Bah! Humbug! I hate Christmas beetles!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a bug, xmas beetles are rather friendly and innocuous. I usually just pick them up and set them down somewhere else. I don't do that for most bugs.

Anonymous said...

a beetle inside your pno?

hrmm, any chance of extracting it?

you might squash it inadvertently with those little pno hammers :(

Anonymous said...

Can't spell can you?

Kylie said...

Soph: Eek! Pick them up?!?!

Cam: :S I'm hoping it learns to hate its new home and so willingly move out of the piano before I crush it...by accident of course.

Anonymous: Yeh I can't, so sue me.

Anonymous said...

I BET ANONYMOUS IS CHAD!!!!!!!!!!