Saturday, November 26, 2005

Newtown Thai! Thanks be to ye Lra!

I had a wonderful get together last night with my high school bunch, some of whom I haven't seen for half a year! Jing you terrible person, I lugged remnants of your 04 AND 05 b'day present to this event thinking you might show up! Read your emails damnit! Stay in touch with us! You have no idea how heavy that cookbook was.

There was much talking and merry making...but not a whole lot of eating. Not to say that Thailand Thai was bad, most of the dishes were actually pretty good (I quite enjoyed the spicy pork and the beef salad), but as per usual, we just_couldn't_finish_it_all (deja vu "Steamboat Night" anyone? I'm never going to believe any of you again when you tell me that you "can eat alot"...I think I still have leftover mystery balls in the freezer!!!!).

Sitting on cushions was an exotic experience although I had to regularly shift my legs around a bit whilst trying not to knee Leana or Donna in the process! Donna and I were in paradise when everyone else on our side of the table went off to the toilets. We eagerly hogged up leg room as quickly as economy class passengers grabbing vacant rows of seating.

Overall I had a pretty good time (Thanks Lra!) Food was pretty good and really, as long as I get to hang out with everyone, I'm pretty satisfied.

I would not however, recommend Thailand Thai if you enjoy seeing your food before eating it (dim, candle-lit atmosphere...I found myself marvelling at how energy-savvy and cost-efficient this establishment must be) or quietly chatting with all dinner members (I could only converse properly with Leana and Donna, communication with anyone else resulted in much shouting and little comprehension. I found myself going "huh?" "what?" and "come again?" alot all night).

I couldn't bring my digicam which accounts for the lack the photos decorating this post. No matter, you're all creative enough to visualise for yourselves.

For another account of the night, go here to Dna's blog.

FOR THOSE WISHING FOR A KYLIE SLEEPOVER: ....I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Kylie Movie Day in which Kylie is the last to find out about Kylie Movie Day (...which just so happens to be at Kylie's house!) after it's all been organised and agreed to by everyone else.

I still remember that Movie Day conversation going something like this:

[During Yr 11 Maths]

Rna: Kylieeeeee we're having a movie day at your house.
Lra: Huh? Movie Day at Kylie's house? Oo! Thanks Kylieeeee!
Dna: Yay! Movie Day!

*long silence, crickets chirping in the distance, tumbleweed blows past*


Ky: *blink blink*...we are?

All I can say for the time being is that I'll see what I can do. I'll try to get one going before I leave for Hong Kong (21st to 31st Dec).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ky
I had a good time too.. =)

thanks heaps for being so cool about sleepovers.. i reckon your house-size and location- is super!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

the conversations at sleepovers tend to be more deep and meaningful than the ones at dinners! =)
*HUGS*

p.s this time maybe we could all bring all over one dish and have a smargosboard? however u spelt that word.. =P and we have to take our own leftovers home and instead of cramming your fridge full? =P

Anonymous said...

can i come too? =P

Anonymous said...

LOL! I strike again!

quaffy said...

:D

For the record, I've never claimed to be able to eat a lot.

"Hey, can I split an entree with someone?"

Yay sleepover! If you want us all to bring a dish, please tell me ASAP. Cos if I make something, I have to practise a few times first.