Tuesday, November 08, 2005

...head.....hurt......

Blergh....yeh that basically sums up how I'm feeling right now.

Linguistics has left me feeling like someone drilled into the side of my head and inserted an electric mixer to turn my insides into brain puree (the little "`" French thing won't work).

Ouch cries she.

I keep reliving the grueling last 30 minutes of the exam in which one of the examiners sat at the back and kept trying to twirl her pen but failing miserably. I started to twitch each time she dropped the aforementioned pen after the first couple of blunders. *twirl* *twirl* *drop* *twirl* *twirl* *drop* Woman, you need to learn to leave well enough alone.

Had to focus hard to try not to envision throwing her out the window.

It helped that there WAS NO WINDOW in the room.

Blergh. 1 down, 2 to go.

Here's something to chuckle over though. Linguistic comrades on webCT were having a ball over this one.

2 comments:

Donna said...

no window? the barbarians ... I remember a maths test in which I almost suffocated. It doesn't help when you're concentrating, breathing hard, and two hundred other people are as well!

good luck for your exams ky! holidays aren't too far off ...

quaffy said...

You have the right to say "Excuse me. Please stop trying to twirl your pen. It's making it hard for me to concentrate."

(Not that I'd have the chutzpah to say it, myself.)