Saturday, November 12, 2005

holiday plans

Ah 3 months of bliss is so close I can almost smell it.

PLANS! Read carefully because they may just include YOU!
  • Catch up with high school friends. I'm willing to be Boss as long as other people REPLY TO EMAILS instead of letting them sit in their inboxes for a couple of days first. (You know who you are)
  • Ensure 100% turn out at said catch ups. (Lna and I have made schlots/plemes [a cross between a scheme and a plot. Which one sounds better? Personally I'm more of a "schlot" person] to break into Jing's house and drag her to the next event bound hand and foot if need be. We're very determined Jing, consider yourself sufficiently warned.)
  • Spend time with new uni friends. (Hey guys!) They're such wonderful people and (surpisingly) completely different from high school friends.
  • Get some serious shopping done.
  • Save up for said serious shopping.
  • Try not to get sick. (Although my uncanny ability to fall ill at the onset of the holidays is nowhere NEAR as legendary as Dna's b'day thing.)
  • Read books I've borrowed from various people for (in some cases) years now. Sorry Lna and Cheuk I will get around to finishing/starting them, promise! (Oh I'm so bad :( )
  • Actually finish knitting something instead of frogging it around halfway.
  • Test out more dessert recipes.
  • Spend some quality time with my aunts and cousins.
  • Watch at least half of the stuff I've downloaded so that I can actually discuss things with people more attuned to the world instead of the following types of exchanges happening:
      • "Oh THAT series"
      • "Have you watched it?"
      • "Nup.....but I think I've downloaded it, does that count?"
  • Make Dad go driving with me. (I've given up on Mum) Learn how to change lanes AND relearn parking. Reaffirm the deal we made regarding me, my P's and a certain shiny new car.
  • Organise an anime/movie marathon or two.
  • Use my ps1 for something other than a fancy paperweight.
  • Play ff7.
  • Encode TMNT OAV to mpeg format for Juliana.
  • Have the guts to go to a bar/casino.
  • Rope people into joining me on a "tourist for a day" tour of the city
  • Clean my wardrobe and room.
  • Visit a tea emporium.
  • Do something grand for NYE instead of sitting at home feeling sorry for myself and missing half of the fireworks because parents too busy watching Chinese cable TV refused to switch channels.
Will add more as they occur to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. same here.. one final exam to go..

i m definitely with you for shopping, something grand for NYE, Tourist for a day and having the guts to go to an actual bar and Star City Casino =) and also save up for cocktails instead of drinking super sugary 'girly' drinks that are brightly coloured and have almost 0% alcohol in them.. .

love leana =P

p.s anybody reading l'ra and d'na blogs may have found me super repetitive but i do really want to do something super duper grand for NYE...

Anonymous said...

heyyyy, i'll goto the casino and a bar with you.. and hey i'll do almost anything there... if you decide to invtie me ;P.

p.s. can i have your shiny new car pretty please? :)

quaffy said...

Oh no, comment spam on Kylie's blog :(

Lna, you can be BOSS of NYE ;)

Ky, I'm totally there with you for shopping, knitting, casino-ing, tourist-ing, but perhaps not bar-ing unless quite a few of us go.

Anonymous said...

whoa, that's a really long list!

but i'm sure you'll get through.. maybe half of all that :D

just don't rush too too much, the pt in holidays is to do that 'holiday' (okay, so that made more sense in my head :P)

still got one exam to go...