Woah, seiyuu (Japanese anime voice actor) Miyano Mamoru [Suoh Tamaki in Ouran High Host Club, Kiryuu Zero and Kiryuu Ichiru in Vampire Knight and Fuwa Shou(tarou) in Skip Beat] announced in an emotional video podcast that he is getting married and expecting a child after being told earlier on by his doctor that he may be infertile.
I've listened to a couple of podcast of him before and he sounds like a really cool guy so congratulations on both marriage and fatherhood.
I 'aww-ed' quite a bit in this podcast when he talks about how he was really upset after finding out he might be infertile because he really really likes kids. There were quite a few awkward pauses as well and he started to get pretty emotional in some bits. It sort of makes you wonder why the video wasn't edited or why the video was done in just one whole sitting in the first place.
It was also interesting in a way because it really highlights the popularity of seiyuus in Japan. I mean, can you imagine the voice actor for Aladdin suddenly sending out a video podcast about his private life like this? I doubt anyone would really sit up and take notice but since seiyuus in Japan often release their own singles and/or albums I guess there in lies the different in popularity.
Here's a link to the podcast (in Japanese) with English commentary from Random Curiosity's blog for anyone who's interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment