Friday, December 05, 2008

Sick?!?

I think I've come down with food poisoning.

I hardly slept a wink last night because I was either constantly up and rushing off to the bathroom to throw up what little food I ate yesterday, or rolling around restlessly in bed feeling queasy and very very sorry for myself.

I was already feeling nauseous when I went out to volunteer for the film festival yesterday and was seriously considering calling in sick. It's a good thing I didn't. All of us volunteers chipped in and completed all our assigned work in record time so that we could sneak into the screening of "Closed Note". It's an excellent movie and quite a bit of a tear jerker. The director included many instances of quiet humour between all the romance and drama and the actors really complemented each other well. (Edit: I just realised the female lead is played by Sawajiri Erika. No wonder she looked so familiar! I haven't seen her in anything since "1 Litre of Tears" and "Taiyou no Uta").


I'm still being hit with waves of nausea now but I'm also sick of resting in bed which is why I'm here typing away instead of staying in bed like a good patient. I hope all the Panadol I've been taking will do its job.

Being sick has put me in a bit of a mild panic mode. I've got a busy schedule before I leave for China next Wednesday and I can't afford to be confined to my bed. As it stands my remaining days in Sydney look like this:

Tomorrow: Optometrist appointment, Chinese class, work at the restaurant, clean the house up for carpet cleaning
Sunday: Carpet cleaning and packing
Monday: More packing and M's last English lesson for the year
Tuesday: Volunteering for Japanese film festival and after-party for volunteers and staff at the cinemas
Wednesday: Midday flight to Beijing

Ack...so much to do, so little time!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

YOU STOLE MY IDEA!

I WAS THE ONE WHO POSTED UP WHAT MY LAST 10 DAYS IN SYDNEY WAS LIKE!!!

T_____T

copykat

Kylie said...

Sorry Bon. It seemed like a good idea...so I borrowed it. Would you like me to credit you?